The Centre Science and Innovation for Development (SCiDEV) invites applications for the position of research team leader and social science researcher for the research project “Evidence for advocacy: Closing the STEM representation gap in Albania”.
Since February 2021, SCiDEV in collaboration with a large network of experts and practitioners has established the Network of Albanian Women in STEM (NAW_STEM). NAW_STEM aims to contribute to the social and economic empowerment of women by increasing their representation in STEM, both in academia and industry. To achieve this aim, the Network focuses its activities in the following areas:
- Increase visibility of Albanian women in STEM, in the country and diaspora
- Engage in policy formulation and advocacy for more women in leading positions, in academia and industry
- Support and facilitate structural changes that foster advancement of women in career
- Support and facilitate digital and tech education for girls and women
- Engaging in research that addresses issues and opportunities related to women representation in STEM
- Support research in STEM by linking national stakeholders with international and regional experts, institutions and capacity building initiatives
- Support and facilitate mid-career/career transitions from non-tech to tech fields
- Support regional visibility and communication initiatives on women in STEM
With support from AWEN – Albanian Women’s Empowerment Network, with funds of the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida), SCiDEV is implementing a research study on: Emerging advocacy issues related to the protection, promotion, and respect with a focus on women human rights in Albania.
Project Goal and Objectives
The goal of this project is to contribute to policy changes that impact representation of women in STEM through evidence informed advocacy.
Objective 1: Contribute to the body of research on the underrepresentation of women in STEM in Albania
Objective 2: Conduct evidence informed policy advocacy for sustainable policy changes that affect representation of women in STEM.
Down load the terms of reference below, and apply by 15 April, at email@example.com.